Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Echoes of an Angel

I drift so lost in my sleep and walk alone in my dreams.
I inhaled the final word I should've said
and held it for so long; I suffocated.
but pain still haunts me even though I'm dead.

I could be lying on the grass tonight
and watching the stars burn out.
I could be sitting alone in the dark
and wanting, so badly, to shout.

the fall was high and the pain is great,
breaking even before kissing the ground,
I knew safety would be a bit too late
so close to insanity; so far from reality.

but I awoke in some hallway;
got drunk and must've walked this far away.
couldn't get up and numb from head to feet,
laughing as I admitted defeat.

then you sang to me; your voice
reverberating through the corridors.
echoes of an angel what filled
the emptiness with resonating colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment