Monday, March 21, 2011

The Tragic Prince, the Far Away Princess

I attempted one last look but she was gone,
A wide void spread across the page,
And still I can't let myself come undone
Fearing less than having my soul take damage

The Tragic Prince, the Far Away Princess;
Can we be some other pair, my dear?
The relation is just so damn lifeless
And I narrated the scene with no audience to hear

I imagined this to be a little sweeter
And dreamt this a bit more fantastic
Yet the truth had tasted this so fucking bitter
And reality had made this hell more dramatic

Look at me but don't laugh, I might smile
I lost the heart to cry and the emotion to frown
We're inches apart and yet I'm left a hundred miles
Wearing the same old painful cliche lines like a crown

So in the end all I had to give was wasted effort
In an attempt to see you walking to me
Now I'm watching you walk away and for what worth?
Hanging on the moments I could refer to as "us" and "we"

No comments:

Post a Comment