Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Embers of the Past

I waved the thought away;
a dream of coffee stain and cigarette smoke
in a room where all the memories stay
and still say I love you was never a joke.

Questions arise from the depths of confusion;
a seemingly endless zigzag of waterfalls and earthquake
against a bizarre blend of alcohol addiction,
a solace wherein I thought could stop this heartache.

I bravely face the sunrise, feigning bravery,
in fear that sunlight might set me on fire
because it reminds me of that smile so fierce and fiery
contrasted by your voice that sings like heaven's choir.

I contradict this blood machine that pumps for you
and though I know it keeps me alive and breathing,
for what worth life is when the dream cannot come true?
And you were every needle that kept the wound bleeding.

But before all the heartbreaking lines between us,
and even after all the hurt and pain we left each other,
I felt and can still feel a faint ember among the ash
that may spark and fire and melt us and blend us together.

Every lie was intricate and every hate was superficial
as if it were mere pretenses to walk away from this
but the tic toc of the clock accompanied my rearrival
and I break and shake and cry and you're still the one I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment